Thorne & Co Hat Company was a small business offering hats, caps, and furs. The business, owned by Charles H. Thorne, operated from 1888-1891 out of a storefront at 128 ½ Dundas Street. Interestingly, Charles H. Thorne’s home is listed at the same address meaning he would have likely resided above the store. The image displays Thorne’s superb marketing skills featuring huge displays of taxidermy animals, a glass hat display to the left and a ring of hats in the rear of the image. Unfortunately, the business was short-lived, closing its doors by 1891.