Exploring the history around Eldon House
Any group of 12 or more must book a guided tour in advance and will not be permitted for self-guided tours of the museum without notice.
All tour bookings will be charged a minimum of 12 persons for their guided tour or program. Groups must not exceed 60 persons.
For cancellation and conduct policies, please contact the Program Coordinator at 519-661-5169.
Historic Walk – River Walk
Historic Walk – Harris Neighbourhood Walk
Arts and Antiques
Trinkets of Travel
Eldon House Guided Tour
Behind The Ropes
- Groups of 12 or more, must book a guided tour in advance and will not be permitted for self-guided tours of the museum without notice.
- Smaller groups who wish to book a guided tour will be subject to a minimum fee of $100.
- Groups must not exceed a maximum of 60 students.
- A confirmation of expected numbers including students and adults is required prior to booked tours/programs, at which time an invoice will be provided.
- No refunds for absentees.
- Payment is due at time of arrival.
- All prices include HST.
- School groups are permitted 1 free chaperone per 8 students.
- Any additional adults/chaperones will be charged, except in cases where additional adults are required for one-on-one care of a child or adult.
Tours cancelled with less than one week’s notice will be charged our minimum fee. Unless buses are cancelled or weather becomes extreme (severe blizzards or lightning storms) our programming will proceed. A late fee of 25% will be charged after 30 minutes and full cancellation of your tour or program after 1 hour at the minimum fee.
Teachers and chaperones are responsible for the conduct and supervision of their students/children while at Eldon House. In the case of disruptive behaviour a class or group may be asked to leave without a refund. Do not handle the artifacts, touch the wallpaper or sit on the furniture while touring the building.
Large backpacks are not allowed in Eldon House. A Historical Interpreter will provide storage for large backpacks & belongings.
Snacks are permitted in our Interpretive Centre however no food or drink will be permitted in Eldon House.
Book A Guided Tour Today
Education programs and tours are offered all year round for students and groups of all ages. Click below to find out more!