Men’s clothing Burns & Bapty opened in 1881 at 154 Dundas Street. The company, owned by George F. Burns and Harry Bapty, offered “clothing and men’s furnishing” at their shop. Some of their popular products included suits and kilts for boys. In addition, they promoted their services in an 1888 advertisement that there were “Three A 1 Cutters Always Employed.” The business stayed open at its Dundas Street address until 1889. The image above shows the store’s interior with the company’s expansive fabric selection for customers. The store was full of employees that day, ready to aid the customer with their fashion needs. Owner George F. Burns continued his work in the fashion field, opening George F. Burns Clothing the following year.