Embroidery Workshop Series
10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
$140.00 incl. HST
Join instructor Susan Hickey, in learning the basic of hand embroidery through four-part embroidery series. The workshop is designed for beginners, where participants will walk away the basic steps of embroidery by sewing an embroidery sampler during the first session and continue to enhance their skills over the next 3 workshops and additional projects. The hope is that each participant learns and masters essential stitches so that they can continue their newfound hobby beyond the classroom. The Harris women of Eldon House were noted for their prolific artistry in the way of sewing, cross stitch, and embroidery. Each workshop will begin with a short 10 to 15-minute presentation on embroidery in the Victorian Era, highlight some of the most unique textiles within the Harris collection, and more.
Availability: 20 available.
This workshop is a 4 part series and the payment reflects the time, preparation, materials, and knowledge shared by our presenter.
- Not suitable for children under 13 due to the the difficulty level.
- Light refreshments are provided.
- Supplies will be provided for you.
- For beginners and intermediate participants.
- As a heritage site there is no public parking. there is public parking in and around the museum. Click here for Google Maps of Eldon House
- No refunds are permitted past the 48 hours mark prior to the event. Tickets are transferable to family or friends by providing their name to in advance. To do this, please call 519-661-5169 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm.
- Please be aware that if the event is postponed or canceled guests will be notified in advance as soon as possible.